This kid thing just keeps getting better and better. The more he can communicate with us the more fun I'm having with my sweet boy. He is now trying to repeat everything we are saying. Although many of the words dont even sound closed to what they are supposed too sound like I still praise him for every try. And he still won't string two words together unless he thinks they are one word, like "Thank You" or "Meat Ball", both of which he says pretty well.
His favorite past time right now is to buckle things up. His booster seat, his stroller, the dogs leash...all have buckles and he will easily spend 30 - 45 minutes straight just buckling them up and just coming to get an adult to unbuckle them for him so he can buckle them again. He also is loving putting shapes into their proper holes right now, very much into the fine motor skills and he impresses us every day.
He has finally seemed to pick a favorite stuffed animal, a black ape that he picked out when we went to Indiana in October last year. He now likes to snuggle it in the car when we go places or when he's just waking up or not feeling good. "Monkey" (I know, it's an ape, but we call it Monkey) desperatly needs a bath however as I was informed by Zia Sabrina this weekend that it is beginning to smell like a real monkey!!!
Spring is here and I am hoping to get back to swimming with Zachary at least once a week in the next few weeks. And then once I'm on mat leave again we can hopefully go at least twice a week, maybe get one of the grandma's to watch Squiggle while I have some one on one time with my sweet boy.
We are also starting to think about a big boy bed for Zachary...the thought is both terrifying and exciting at the same time. I keep having visions of going to find him asleep in his closet or something because he won't stay in bed. Part of me wants to keep him in his crib a little longer as he is still not trying to climb out of it, and the other part of me wants him in a bed before Squiggle arrives...I'm torn!
Anyway, I think that's all for now...see you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment