Zachary just got his first vaccine. I was so anxious about getting them done and if he really need them at all. So I talk to the Dr. and he is going to tell me which ones he thinks are really necessary and which ones he doensn't think are really necessary so that I can make a bit more of an informed decision. For example the government has just added a vaccine for pnemonia... I asked him if he'd seen many cases of pnemonia in children and he said not really especially if the child is breastfed. He also said that "clinically" they saw a 20% reduction in pnemonia with the vaccine. But its like 4 extra needles in the first year. So this first needle which covers 5 things he recommended but we didn't get the other one that is on the schedule for today. I'm going to study up on the others a bit more before I decide. He did also say the MMR one was mandatory or highly recommended and I know that is the one that many people have a problem with due to possible links with Autism.
Zachary was also 12.5 lbs and 2 feet tall today!
No comments:
Post a Comment