So I haven't written in a while. It has been a fairly busy month. March ended with a gastro bug going through the family. Zachary & Demia were sick for about a week, their stomach contents all over the house (gross, I know!...but try being covered in warm, half digested hotdogs...twice...that is even more gross!). I was sick for one of those days and slept on the couch for most of the day while my dear husband cared for us all. Thankfully however most stomach bugs eventually pass and I worked at getting Zachary's legs less skinny over the next week or so.
On April 5th our family along with the rest of the lovely people here in Canada that I call my "in-laws" packed up a couple of cars, the kids and half our belongins (or so it seemed) and made the 11 hour drive to Indianapolis, Indiana to visit with Uncle Tony, Aunty Kelly and Zachary & Demia's two cousins, Ruby and the brand new Henry! The kids had a blast! They only see each other a few times a year and all seem to enjoy spending time with each other. Demia & Ruby had a little bit of a rivalry going however as they are two girls and have to compete...or so they thought. It was so cute as Ruby kept telling us all that her name was Demia :D
I think the highlight for Zachary for the trip (other than visiting with his awesome family) was our trip to Chucky Cheese. He fought us going there as he'd never been and hates to try new things but we literally had to carry him kicking and screaming from the place about 2.5-3 hours later. We managed to slow him down enough to drink something and to go pee once, but he refused to stop to eat. Eating is not for him when he's having fun!!!! He is still talking about it a week later :)
This week??? Well, the sun has come out this week and the temperatures are warming. We were up to 19C yesterday and so the kids and I have been enjoying lots of time after work outside. Tuesday we walked to pick up the Dada from the train station. Zachary pulled Demia in the wagon almost the whole way there (25 minutes or so) and then we took our time walking back. Yesterday we played outside with the neighbours for about 2 hours. Oh to feel the warm sun on the back of my hand is glorious.
Both kids however have been off this week. Fighting a little more...being more demanding. I think they are just detoxing from all the fun they had in Indiana. Tonight they are at their Nonni's house so the Dada & I have our date night. Yay for awesome support structures!
I'll put up some pictures from the trip in the next few days hopefully :)
No comments:
Post a Comment