Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A bunch of sikos

We've been sick.

Last Wednesday my day started with Demia waking at 4:30 am crying. Brought her into my room as she wouldn't settle. About 10 minutes later she yacked in our bed. Great. When changing our sheets I told my dear husband to grab hers in her crib as well as it was due for a wash anyway, and he discovered she had also thrown up in her bed...probably why she wouldn't go back to sleep there.
Wednesday night when I got home from work, after her bath I was snuggling on the couch with Demia and ended up with her warm, half digested hot dogs all down the front of me... I must say that I really don't like hot dogs enough to wear them!

Thursday she was a little better, although feverish....but at around 4pm Zachary threw up all over the upstairs hallway while the Dada was running him to the bathroom after he started complaining of a sore tummy. So now we've got two yacking kids!

On Friday they were not much better. The Dada was doing awesome taking care of them solo during the day though when his folks were not there to help, and thank the Gods for parents to help out. We are so lucky!

Saturday I was out for the count with the kids. Ended up sleeping most of the day while Demia played a little and Zachary either snoozed or ached in a little ball on one of the couches all day.

Sunday they were both feeling a little better...the fevers didn't kick back in until around 4pm and I didn't get yacked on again until 1am Monday morning.

Thankfully my wonderful in-laws took the kids Monday night to give us both a break and a full night of uninterrupted sleep. We SO needed it. again...we are so lucky!... Unfortunitely my poor mother in law is now sick :(

Today the kids seem better, fever is almost gone... throwing up has slowed down to nothing (0r almost nothing)...but the kids are not really eating and Zachary's little legs seem to be getting skinnier.

I left the Dada instructions this morning to fatten them up. Preferably with healthy stuff, but if they won't eat that then at least get some calories into them. 45lbs & 26lbs is not heavy enough to have extra weight to spare like this... Hopefully we can get them back on track very soon!

1 comment:

  1. poor monkeys.......I hope they are feeling better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete