Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Nothing helps sometimes until she's worn herself out

So last night Demia woke around 11:45pm or so. Crying in her room for Mama. So I went in and tried to resettle her...nope, not having any of it. When I lifted her out of her crib she snuggled right into me, but Mama likes her sleep and so I tried to put her back into the crib with the hopes that I could run my hand over her hair and settle her. As soon as I lifted her over the side the crying started again. I tried bribing her with a soother (she has been 99% soother free since her first birthday but we keep one handy for nights like this). Pushed it away.

So into our room we go and I lay her down on the bed between the Dada & I. Still crying. Fussing with the blankets and the pillows and crying. Sitting up and laying down and crying... she. would. not. settle. The Dada tried giving water, took her into the bathroom to wash her face, we asked if she needed a new diaper, food, etc, etc.... Nothing. I even tried bringing her downstairs to sleep on the chair. She settled for about 2 mintues and then realized where we were and started looking around, so up to the bedroom we went again, into Mama's bed and I propped myself up with some pillows and she snuggled into me. About 5 minutes or so later she decided she wanted to be on the bed and not Mama anymore so she rolled off me, I lay down beside her and we both drifted off to sleep.

Now I'm not a little woman, and her Dada isn't a little man, so two adults plus a toddler in our queen sized bed is about as full as we can get... I think only half of my body was actually on the bed for most of the night....but I did get some sleep, and she got some sleep and Dada got some sleep...and thankfully Zachary never woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment