So when I registered Zachary on Monday at his new school, they gave me an envelop full of information on French t.v. programing as well as a DVD full of little skits from TFO (French station in Ontario).
After the kids had spent a day listening to excercise music with Kelly (and excercising too it - Hope your not too exhausted today Kelly!) all day I thought I'd pop on a little French tv before bath time.
Zachary LOVED it! I have no idea how much of it he understood (if anything at this point) but he asked to watch it 2 more times before bed. It was just little stories done with dolls, some songs and some word building using sounds.
Demia on the otherhand loved the songs and the sounds but wanted nothing to do with the little stories at first so I had to play with her upstairs for a little while. Everything seemed to be pissing her off yesterday...she must have been tired.
Anyway, addition of French into our lives is happening. I'm trying to speak to the kids in French for at least an hour everyday to start and then will hopefully increase from there. I've never spoken French at home, even as a kid...so it will be a learning process for me too.
Just make sure if you're talking to me over the fence you speak english. I only know a few words and phrases that I mostly learned in China. How warpped is that?
ReplyDeleteI can't beleive that Zach is ready for school. ~sigh~
Ananas?? J'espere qu'il est dans le video! Bien sur!
ReplyDelete