Zachary sometimes loves to have a bath and sometimes will fight you tooth and nail not to let that evil soap and water touch his body. Last week he willingly took a shower with me. It was quick but he was totally ok. Last night he wasn't having any of it.
I was filling up the back for his sister and she was playing in the water while the tub filled. I went to grab Zachary for his bath and he said "No want bath mama". "Tough luck kid your stinky and itchy...your having a bath" so I grabbed him up and on the way to the bathroom started stripping him down. Once in the bathroom I placed him in the tub. He refused to sit down and kept repeating "No want bath mama!". Again I said "Tough". So I grabbed the shower head (I LOVE our detachable shower head with kids!) and hosed him down while he continued to stand there...his volume went up quite a bit at that point. I put the shower head back, grabbed the soap/shampoo and soaped down his head and any bits that would have been stinky.
He continued to scream at me that he didn't want a bath...too bad kiddo. Once he was all soaped I again grabbed the shower head and hosed him down. Poor thing looked like a drowned rat! Once he was all rinsed I quickly hauled him out of the tub, wrapped a towel around him and said "All done!"...he was still mumbling "no want to take a bath mama".
This all took approx 60 seconds I think. I threw his pj's on him and he went off on his merry way.
I love the quick sneak attack cleanings....clean before they truly know what is happening...I'm an evil mama sometimes! ~grin~
Thats so funny that he doesnt like the bath. Good for you for the sneak attack!!
ReplyDeletethe visual this creates, I can so relate to... OH my gosh I wish I had one of those detachable shower heads! that is what is missing from my life!!!
ReplyDeleteIs it me or do you find the boy at this age, possibly even more challenging??