So I am examining my current core beliefs about myself. We have core beliefs that are negative and we have core beliefs that are true to our authentic selves. I'm trying to take one at a time and if they are negative I'm trying to start changing them to positive.
One of the core beliefs that I have that I know I've posted about before around the music I listen to and how I want to dress. This was many months ago. I mentioned that I felt like a fake sometimes. That I wasn't sure if I really liked the things (music/clothing/hair, etc) that I did or if I felt like I should? Like I was pretending to like it?
Anyway, it occured to me yesterday that one of my core beliefs...since I was a teenager was that I was/am a "fake". That people would question the music I listened to, the clothing I wanted to wear, the styles I liked, the art I liked, the food I liked, etc, etc, etc and that I didn't "deserve" to listen/wear/eat/etc these type of things because I wasn't the right type of person.I really and truly believe/d this. I'm not sure where this core belief came from...I'm still working on sourcing out the source, but I know I have felt this way since I was a teenager.
I always knew it was there and I've always wondered why I felt like a fake. So my goal with this core belief is to erase it and replace it with "I am authentically who I am!" It doesn't matter if other people don't think I deserve or am the right type of person to wear/do certain types of things...it only matters if I feel I deserve it. And why shouldn't I?
I know this core belief won't flip in one day...but it is definitely one that I am working on as of yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment