Friday, July 31, 2009

Zachary's Birthday




We are giving Zachary a bike (technically two) for his birthday this year. It will be his first two wheeler and I am so excited for him. I managed to get not only one, but two awesome second hand bikes (one from my wonderfully cool neighbour and one from my cousin) and they should hopefully both be the perfect size for him. One of them is blue and the other is pink, so I'm currently sanding down the pink one so that I can re-paint it for him. I love doing stuff like this but don't do it often, refinishing things, working with my hands. I don't know if my joy of doing things would diminish if I did it often but it is so satisfying to be able to say that I turned this...into this! So I dismantled the pink bike and begun sanding it yesterday. I'll try to keep you posted on my progress but I'm hoping to have it finished by the end of this weekend as the birthday party is next week!




So what else would a 4 year old like on his bike? A front plate with a transformers logo? A bell?... I need to hit a bike shop to see what goodies I can find for them!

1 comment: