Tuesday, July 14, 2009

We had such a fun time at the beach this weekend. The drive up was nice. We were on the road by about 3:45pm and we listen to silly kid songs most of the way up. We took the scenic route vs the highway and the windy road through the forested hills was just what we needed to ease our way out of the city. The kids were great on the way up and didn't even have any toys for the first half of the drive. After we stopped for gas we gave them a couple of toys to play with. Once we got closer and our GPS was giving us more directions Zachary was being a back seat driver and telling us "She said to go right mama", "She said to go left mama". Of course he would ignore the "in 2.4 kms" part as he doesn't understand that yet so when I didn't immediately turn and he would sound concerned I'd explain that we didn't have to turn quite yet.

We arrived at the beach around 5:45 and it felt like the kids were in the water instantly with Nanny. I can't remember if we had dinner before or after but we played in the water for a couple of hours before it was time to settle for the night and go to bed. We ended up sleeping a little split up. Demia and I in one bedroom and the Dada and Zachary in the other. It worked out fairly well and it didn't take the kids too long to fall asleep. Once asleep The Dada and I got to visit a little with Nanny, Gric and mom's friend Lisa who was up visiting for the night as well.

In the morning we awoke to a grey rainy morning. We had some breakfast and hung out in our pj's until the rain stoped and then the kids and I went out to play in the wet sand. I was determined to have a sunshiny beautiful beach day so out we went. We dug pits in the sand, built dribbly sand castles and The Mama's legs got buried a few times. Within an hour or so the clouds were gone and the sun was out in FULL force!

We had a glorious day. Both kids were a little weary of the waves and so they didn't really go in as they had the night before but we played in the sand all day bringing water up from the lake to fill anything that needed filling. Around noon we had about an hour break from the sun to unwined and then back out into the sun for the rest of the day.

We had dinner as a big storm rolled in. Then out we headed for our trip home, the sun shinning once again.

It was a fantastic day all around. I will post some pictures soon :)

The Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment