Last night we were on our way home from an afternoon at the Nonni's place when we saw a huge bright rainbow in the sky. I think Demia was the first to spot it and then we talked about it most of the way home. After we had all been quiet for a little while Demia starts saying something over and over and The Dada turns to me and asks if she's talking about Meatballs. I hadn't been listening to closely so I tuned in and she was indeed saying "Hiyo Mebow" which I then realized meant "Hello Rainbow". We had just had meatballs for dinner so you understand our confusion! ~laugh~
Zachary starts school in 2 months. Oh. My. Gods. ... TWO months! The fact that he will be in school full time 5 days a week however doesn't stress me. What stresses me? The fact that my little tiny 4 year old will be on a school bus. Without seatbelts and without a relative. The school is relatively close, so I'm not even that concerned about the no seatbelt things...what is stuck in my over active imagination is him getting off the bus when they get to the school and not knowing what to do or where to go and him standing there in tears in front of the school asking for his Mama or Dada. I know once he's done it a few times he'll be fine. After the first week I'm sure he'll be uber confident and tell me I have nothing to worry about...but what about that first day??? I am so taking the day off work. I am going to put him on the bus, follow it to school, take him from the bus to his class so he can see how it works and then the reverse on the way home...I think I may also actually call the bus company to see if we can do a trial trip the week before he starts or something.
Anyone who's been through this have any words of wisdom or advice? Please?
No comments:
Post a Comment