Thursday, July 9, 2009

Daily activities and involving the kids...


I have so many things that I'm interested in doing or want to do or am currently doing that sometimes I feel like I am neglecting them all because I also need so spend time with my family....


I need to learn how to be able to do all the things I want to while incorporating them into my family life.... I wonder if Demia is ready to learn how to knit and if Zachary will help me learn how to harvest the herbs in my garden?


I've started incorporating Zachary into the gardening. He helped me plant all the beans, peas and brussel sprouts that we have growing this year. That was fun for me, to have him poking holes in the dirt and then placing a seed or two in each hole and cover them back up again. He takes such delight in the worms wiggling under the surface of the dirt and when the little green shoots started poking through the earth he was delighted. Once the plant got bigger though he sort of lost interest...which I suppose is very normal for an almost 4 year old boy. I also occasionally get him interested in tracking bird prints in the snow and things like that, but I'm still clumsy and ignorant in many ways about how to incorporate the kids into things I'd like to do....


I want to walk around the neighbourhood and listen to the birds, but when Zachary occasionally doesn't listen and runs down the road and I get worried about his safety it takes all the fun and desire out of doing things like that.... so how do I start/continue/educate myself? How do I find a way to encorporate these activies into our lives to enrich and educate the kids in things outside the realm of our yard???


No comments:

Post a Comment